Saturday, September 29, 2012

Simon Says Stamp Simon Card

The Stamptember event has been awesome over at Simon Says Stamp and my kids love the boy and dog at the intro of the videos they share every week. We couldn't resist making a card with the dog for the Kick Start Online Class hosted by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner. Amazing class!!
(I've probably stamped this dog 100 or more times for them to color over the past couple of weeks.)

That scalloped border was my challenge - I tried to think of a way to change it up - I rubbed the whole strip in versamrk and then embossed in clear glitter embossing powder (an alternative to putting on adhesive and then coating with glitter and way less messy). I also challenged myself to use more than 10 supplies because I always find myself using only a couple and then not loving the result. I think I like this one!


Products:
Lawn fawn stamp interlocking backgrounds
PTI card stock - white, rustic cream, melon sorbet
Copics - E00, E43, E57, R02, R24
Heart punch, scallop border punch
Tim and Beck paper from Studio Calico September Kit
White embossing powder, clear glitter embossing powder
Heyday 6x6 pad
Ink: memento tuxedo black, versamark, stampin up crumb cake
Glossy accents
Spica glitter pen clear

I would love to get some more copics - what are some of your go-to colors?

1 comment:

  1. This is ADORABLE! Your coloring of Simon is fab! Love the touches of glossy accents as well, and the whole design is just outstanding. :) Thanks for joining us in the 'Anything Goes!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete