Saturday, October 20, 2012

Christmas Card #3

Here's my third card for this Christmas season. This oh so adorable little boy is CC Designs from Simon Says Stamp and is called Christmas Baby
 
 
 
I used some copics to color him (and if you want to pick up some Copic Sketch markers at an amazing price, visit Dick Blick from now to 10/21 to get them for about $5.24 and if you donate to their Art Program, you'll get another 30% off that - so that's $3.67/Sketch marker - I know, right?!?!). There are some really great ones that go to support kids, I picked a local one to support. :)  I added this at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog, and right now, my favorite technique is Copic coloring - I just find that I really enjoy it. I've been stamping or hand drawing images and then sitting on the couch with the hubby and coloring them as we chat or watch a show.
 
 
Then I stamped a sentiment and mounted him on some Echo Park Paper (the left edge is the Hero Arts Woodgrain Background stamped and then I used some distress ink in the same color over the top for a tone-on-tone look.
 
By the way I have little kids and this is a great one to stamp and let them color - they love to participate :)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI White, Kraft; echo Park 6x6 Very Merry Christmas
Stamps: Hero Arts Woodgrain Background, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, CC Designs Christmas Boy
Copics: R05, R24, B00, B05, B99, YG17, YG11, E53, E00, E57
Ink: Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters, Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Corner Rounder, Cosmo Cricket Social Club Button, Twine, Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment